Western Digital WD Blue SN500 NVMe M.2 SSD – WDS250G1B0C and WDS500G1B0C
- Fueled by Western Digital® in-house controller and 3D NAND
- Read speeds up to 1,700MB/s
- Lower power draw over our SATA drive
Applications and Workload
- Creative Professionals
- PC Gaming
- High Performance PCs and laptops
Drive Performance Beyond SATA
The WD Blue™ SN500 NVMe™ SSD steps up performance three times over our high- end SATA SSDs with a superior NVMe solution for high-performance and mainstream PCs. The WD Blue SN500 NVMe SSD allows resellers, system builders and consumers to take advantage of a reliable NVMe storage solution when creating their next PCs. Available in 250GB and 500GB capacities in an M.2 2280 form factor, the WD Blue SN500 NVMe SSD will give your system the boost you need.1
Read Speeds Up to 1700MB/s
The WD Blue PC SN500 NVMe SSD is designed to deliver high performance with sequential read speeds up to 1700MB/s and sequential write speeds up to 1450MB/s (500GB model) with efficient power consumption as high as 2.7W.2
Low Power Draw
Based on proven technology descended from our WD Black™ SN750 NVMe SSD, the WD Blue SN500 NVMe SSD enables a low power draw while maintaining significantly higher performance over our SATA SSD.
In-house Controller and 3D NAND
Fueled by the Western Digital in-house controller and 3D NAND supporting the PCIe® NVMe™ interface and DRAM-less configurations.
Download WD SSD Dashboard
Monitor your drive’s available capacity, operating temperatures, SMART attributes and more with the WD SSD Dashboard.
5 Year Limited Warranty
Every WD Blue SN500 NVMe SSD comes with a 5-year limited warranty, so you can be confident of your storage when you upgrade or replace any of your drives.
|WD Blue SN500 NVMe SSD Product Features and Specifications|
|Interface M.2 22801,2,3||PCIe Gen3 8 Gb/s, up to 2 Lanes|
|Formatted Capacity4||250GB, 500GB|
|Sequential Read up to (MB/s) (Queues=32, Threads=1)||1,700||1,700|
|Sequential Write up to (MB/s) (Queues=32, Threads=1)||1,300||1,450|
|Random Read 4KB IOPS up to (Queues=32, Threads=1)||210K||275K|
|Random Write 4KB IOPS up to (Queues=32, Threads=8)||170K||300K|
|Average Active Power6||75mW||75mW|
|Peak Power (10us)||1.8A||1.8A|
|Low Power (PS3)⁶||25mW||25mW|
|Sleep (PS4) (low power)⁶||2.5mW||2.5mW|
|MTTF7||1.75M hours (Telcordia SR-332, GB, 25°C)||1.75M hours (Telcordia SR-332, GB, 25°C)|
|Operating Temperatures8||32°F to 158°F (0°C to 70°C)||32°F to 158°F (0°C to 70°C)|
|Non-operating Temperatures9||-67°F to 185°F (-55°C to 85°C)||-67°F to 185°F (-55°C to 85°C)|
|Certifications||FCC, UL, TUV, KCC, BSMI, VCCI, C-Tick||FCC, UL, TUV, KCC, BSMI, VCCI, C-Tick|
|Limited Warranty10||5 years||5 years|
|Form Factor||M.2 2280||M.2 2280|
|Length||80 ± 0.15mm||80 ± 0.15mm|
|Width||22 ± 0.15mm||22 ± 0.15mm|
|Weight||6.5g ± 1g||6.5g ± 1g|
- As used for storage capacity, one gigabyte (GB) = one billion Total accessible capacity varies depending on operating environment.
- As used for transfer speed, megabyte per second (MB/s) = one million bytes per Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software components and configurations.
- Backward compatible with PCIe Gen3 x2, PCIe Gen3 x1, PCIe Gen2 x4, PCIe Gen2 x2, and PCIe Gen2
- Not all products may be available in all regions of the As used for storage capacity, one gigabyte (GB) = one billion bytes, and one terabyte (TB) = one trillion bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending on operating environment.
- TBW (terabytes written) values calculated using JEDEC client workload (JESD219) and vary by product
- Measured using MobileMark™ 2014 on HP EliteBook X360 1030 G2 with i7-7600U, 8GB Windows 10 Pro 64-bit RS3 using Microsoft StorNVMe driver, Primary drive.
- MTTF = Mean Time To Failure based on internal testing using Telcordia stress part testing (Telcordia SR-332, GB, 25°C). MTTF is based on a sample population and is estimated by statistical measurements and acceleration algorithms. MTTF does not predict an individual drive’s reliability and does not constitute a
- Operational temperature as reported by device (composite temperature).
- Non-operational storage temperature does not guarantee data
- 5 years or Max Endurance (TBW) limit, whichever occurs See support.wdc.com for regional specific warranty details.
The suggested retail price is 67 Euro for 250 GB (model number: WDS250G1B0C) and 97 Euro for 500 GB (model number: WDS500G1B0C)
USA starts at $54.99 for 250GB (model WDS250G1B0C) and $77.99 for 500GB (model WDS500G1B0C).